ML191: Andrew Warner on Insights from 2000+ Interviews, How To Stop Asking Questions & Learning Anything from Anyone
Andrew Warner is an entrepreneur, author and the founder of Mixergy, a platform where he interviews some of the world's top founders including those from Wikipedia, Groupon, LivingSocial, LinkedIn, and over 600 others.
Almost anything you want to do in life has been done before, so the knowledge you need to achieve your goals is in other people’s heads.
That’s why interviewing is such a powerful skill. But, there’s a lot more to it than just asking questions. To do it right, you need to be part researcher, part storyteller and part therapist.
Andrew has interviewed over 2,000 of the world’s best entrepreneurs for his multi-million dollar podcast business Mixergy and recently codified his process in his new book Stop Asking Questions: How to Lead High Impact Interviews and Learn Anything from Anyone.
I really believe every ambitious person should add interviewing to their learning stack, whether you’re a podcaster, entrepreneur, journalist, or lifelong-learner - and Andrew is the perfect person to show you how.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Andrew’s lessons on learning anything from anyone, based on 2000+ interviews
- How to interrupt someone, ask tough questions, and rescue bad conversations
- Strategies for building a thriving business around interviews based on Andrew’s experience turning Mixergy into a multi million dollar company
We also discuss how Andrew improved his interviewing process over time, what he learned from some of his interviewing heroes like Charlie Rose, and the key mistakes to avoid for new interviewers.
Follow Andrew online
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access