ML136: Daisy Christodoulou on Why Technology isn't Neutral, Reflections on 21st Century Skills and EdTech Thought Leaders
Daisy Christodoulou Director of Education at assessment startup No More Marking and the author of the new book Teachers vs Tech? The Case for an EdTech Revolution.
This is the Part 2 of a two part conversation and I definitely recommend you go back and listen to part 1 where we discussed how tech can help improve education through adaptive learning and spaced repetition, why teaching facts is still important for foundational knowledge and the bad ideas behind EdTech disasters.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why technology isn’t neutral, despite what Silicon Valley want you to believe
- Daisy’s feedback on my ideas about the key 21st century skills
- The companies and people that Daisy admires in the learning and education space
We also discuss how Daisy applies her knowledge about the learning process to her own projects.This episode will help you reflect on how you use technology in your learning and point you towards some amazing thinkers and companies in the EdTech space.
📖 Teachers vs Tech? The Case for an EdTech Revolution - Daisy Christodoulou
📖 Seven Myths About Education - Daisy Christodoulou
📖 Making Good Progress? The Future of Assessment for Learning - Daisy Christodoulou
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access