ML130: Nelson Sivalingam on Upskilling Yourself at Work, Learning Film Production and Upgrading L&D for the 21st Century
Nelson Sivalingam is the Founder and CEO of HowNow, a learning platform that helps organisations onboard, upskill and enable their teams with the knowledge they need, everywhere they work.
Most traditional Learning & Development solutions involve pushing you to a clunky platform with preselected topics you don’t care about, making learning at work feel like a chore. By contrast, HowNow helps you learn in the flow of work by giving you the ability to access relevant information when you it need, whether that’s in a Slack conversation with colleagues or in a Google search.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Nelson learned film and video production by following his curiosity
- The mistakes most businesses are making with L&D and what HowNow is doing to correct them
- How to upskill by learning naturally in the flow of work
We also get into Nelson’s take on the skills people need to thrive in the 21st century, his favourite books and much more. So whether you’re a business owner or an employee working at a small business or a large one, this episode will give you some great insights into how you can learn more effectively on the job to improve your performance and jumpstart your team’s education.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access