ML121: Venkatesh Rao on Leveraging the Power of Dialectic and Lessons from the Creative Process
Venkatesh Rao is an author, consultant and the founder of the hugely popular blogs Ribbon Farm and Breaking Smart. Ribbonfarm is a multidisciplinary blog focused on strategy and decision-making, while Breaking Smart is devoted to in-depth explorations of the emerging digital economy.
He’s also the author of the highly acclaimed book on decision-making, Tempo, and offers consulting services in organisational development, strategy and executive coaching, working with a number of prestigious clients like famed VC firm Andreesen Horowitz. In this episode we discuss:
- Venkat’s lessons about the creative process from years of writing on his blogs
- The conditions needed to generate insight from conversation and how Venkat works with the likes of Marc Andreesen from Andreesen Horowitz
- Why dialogue is the driving force of any good relationship and a healthy society
This conversation was a lot of fun to record and it was great to chat to Venkat while he was visiting here in London. Whether you want to have more insightful conversations or know what it takes to run a hugely popular blog, this episode has you covered.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access