ML87: How To Use Your Brain Better
While your brain doesn’t come with a user’s manual, there are
things that we’ve learned over the course of the last two and a half decades
that apply to most humans on the planet.
A continuous stream of new studies is shattering long-held beliefs about how the brain works and what happens when it doesn’t function properly - and - these advances are also reshaping the landscapes of many other fields, from psychology to economics, and education to law. Sounds pretty grand doesn’t it?
But why should you try to understand the brain if there are loads of smart people in white coats using microscopes and brain scanners doing it for you?
Well, the truth is that every action you take, every thought you entertain and every memory you hold is the result of chemistry and electricity working across that network of squidgy grey matter that sits in your skull. So it’s definitely worth gaining at least a basic understanding of it.
In this short episode, I'm joined by Will Reynolds - writer, videographer and all around MetaLearner.
We discuss a range of topics including:
- The most common brain myths dispelled including the common 10% myth
- The 3 biggest insights from neuroscience about the brain discovered in the last 20 years
- The MetaLearning strategies that build on these insights which you can apply to your learning
So whether you’re looking to learn more about your own brain and how to use it better in learning and life, this episode has you covered.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access