ML85: Jonathan Cutrell on Learning To Code, Lessons from Podcasting and How To Fly a Plane
Cutrell is the founder and
host of the Developer Tea Podcast and the Director of Technology at Whiteboard.
Even if you never write a line of code in your life, it’s important to understand how programmers think, given their importance in the modern economy.
Plus, developers have to be continuous learners with things changing so fast, which makes them even more interesting to us here at MetaLearn.
On his podcast, Jonathan helps software engineers develop the mindsets and skillsets they need to thrive in their careers and lives and unsurprisingly he’s also an avid learner himself with a number of awesome learning projects.
In this conversation we discuss a range of topics including:
- The core skills of a good developer and advice on learning to code
- How Jonathan got his pilot’s license and learned to fly planes
- Jonathan’s lessons from 300+ episodes of the Developer Tea Podcast
So whether you’re looking to learn how to code, start a podcast, or fly a plane, this episode will give you tonnes of actionable insights that you can apply right away.
Sign up below and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access