ML79: Learning in Virtual Reality
Virtual reality has the potential to change learning and
education immeasurably and so it’s important that we engage critically with the
technology to maximise the benefits and minimise the costs.
From engaging with abstract ideas in a more visceral way to giving people immersive experiences that promote behaviour change and the development of soft skills, the potential of VR seems endless.
But while VR has the potential to revolutionise learning and education it’s important we don’t begin to see it as a magic pill that will solve all our problems and take our eye off the most important parts of learning.
In this short episode, I'm joined by Will Reynolds - writer, videographer and all around MetaLearner. We discuss a range of topics including:
- The current state of VR in learning and where it’s likely to go in the coming years
- The disadvantages of VR that we need to guard against
- The potential benefits of using VR to learn motor skills
So whether you're looking to understand more about the potential impact of this revolutionary technology on society or you're curious about how you might be able to apply it to your own learning in the future, this episode will give you all that and more.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access