ML75: How To Learn from Experts
One of the challenges of learning a new skill is that very
often, you don’t know what you don’t know – and if you can't structure your learning or keep making the same mistakes without correcting
them your progress will suffer and you may eventually give up.
This where experts come in – because they can help you plan your practice, focus on the right sub skills and accelerate your learning through regular corrective feedback.
But whether you’re looking for an expert online or in person, it can sometimes be a challenge to separate the wheat from the chaff. That’s why you need to know what to look for in an expert and have a good understanding of their teaching and learning process before committing.
In this short episode, I'm joined by Will Reynolds - writer, videographer and all around MetaLearner. We discuss a range of topics including:
- The different types of expert and how to choose the right one for you
- How to get objective feedback so that you can improve
- How to balance your needs for self direction and guidance to accelerate your learning
So whether you're looking to hire coach to help you learn a new skill, or just want to improve how you learn from an existing teacher, this episode will give you all that and more.
Sign up below and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access