ML69: How to Overcome Perfectionism in Learning
We all want to be perfect at anything we learn but these
expectations of excellence are often unhelpful and more often than not they leave
us in a state of paralysis.
Very often, the reason we don’t act on our desire to build that business, learn that language or master that new sport is because when we get started, we’re not going to be very good and this will quickly shatter that illusion of perfection that we’ve fantasised about so vividly.
In this short episode, I'm joined by Will Reynolds - writer, videographer and all around MetaLearner. We discuss a range of topics including:
- Why perfectionism hurts learning, and the rare exception where it helps
- The difference between having high general expectations and low specific expectations
- Simple strategies to overcome perfectionism and keep making progress
So whether you're looking to overcome perfectionism and start learning that new skill or fine tune your balance between over ambition and slacking, this episode will give you everything you need and more.
Sign up below and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access