ML25: Ed Cooke on Using Memory Techniques, the Future of EdTech and The Limits of the Mind
Ed Cooke is the founder of Memrise, an online platform that uses memory techniques to optimise learning. Ed has also previously competed in memory sports and became a Grand Master of Memory when he was just 23.
Human memory is something that few people understand well but the secrets behind improving it are both simple and fun.
Ed is someone who has applied these techniques to himself and his business Memire and even coached US journalist Josh Foer to win the US memory championships, which makes him the perfect man to explain them.
In this episode we discuss a range of topics including:
- Practical applications of memory techniques that people can use everyday
- How much we actually know about memory and the mind
- The role of technology in learning and the future of ed tech
So whether you're looking to improve your memory to remember vast amounts of information or understand the limits of your mind, this episode will give you all that and much more.
🎙 ML41: Iain McGilchrist on The Left/Right Brain Divide, The State of the Educational System and the Evolution of Western Thought
🎙 ML33: How To Understand Your Brain
🎙 ML3: Anthony Metivier on Using Memory Palaces, Learning Languages and How To Remember Anything
Sign up below and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access