ML167: Neer Sharma on Navigating Career Change, Using Patents to Predict the Future and Experimenting with NFTs
Neer Sharma is the founder of Patent Drop, a newsletter that gives you a peek into the future by summarising new patents from big tech companies.
It’s become a lot more common in recent years for people to change jobs regularly but one of the misconceptions people often have is the need to have the next thing lined up immediately. Obviously the viability of this depends on a lot of factors but far too often, people jump into something else without regrouping and getting a sense of what they really want to do.
Neer is a prime example of someone who’s done this. He previously worked in investment banking before co-founding HaikuJAM, a mobile game that helps people feel better through collaborative writing, helping to grow the community to over 1 million users
At the beginning of 2020, he took a step back to figure out what he wanted to do next, a process which led to the emergence of his incredibly popular newsletter Patent Drop, which summarises new patents from big tech companies.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to navigate a career change without having the next thing lined up
- What the latest patents coming out of big tech tell us about the future of online interaction
- Neer’s experiments with NFTs (non fungible tokens) and what the technology could mean for creators
This conversation will give you access to the mindset and strategies of someone in Neer who has created a completely new career for himself by running experiments online as well as some great insights into the weird and wonderful virtual world that’s being built as we speak.
Follow Neer online
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access