ML162: Christian Busch on Cultivating a Serendipity Mindset, Creating Values Driven Communities and How To Make Your Own Luck
Christian Busch directs the CGA Global Economy Program at New York University (NYU) and teaches purpose-driven leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation at NYU and LSE. He is the author of the bestselling book, The Serendipity Mindset and is also the co-founder of two thriving communities - Sandbox, a global community of young innovators, as well as of Leaders on Purpose, an organisation convening leading CEOs.
In The Serendipity Mindset, Christian defines serendipity as unexpected good luck resulting from unplanned moments in which proactive decisions lead to positive outcomes. I actually see this podcast as a serendipity vehicle that allows me to connect to and learn from great minds across fields, leading to collaborations and friendships I never could have planned or predicted.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to integrate serendipity into your career and life and cultivate a mindset that opens you up to opportunities
- Christian's current approach to planning and how that changes for different projects
- How to refresh a community with randomness and serendipity whilst maintaining the core values
This was a great conversation that will give you the mindset and skillset to use the unpredictability of life to your advantage and create your own luck.
Follow Christian online
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access