ML134: Warren Shaeffer on Audio First Learning, Launching a Startup and How To Filter Experts
Warren Shaeffer is the CEO and Co-Founder of Knowable, an audio-first learning platform backed by top investors like Andreesen Horowitz, Initialized, and Upfront.
After graduating from Harvard and a brief spell in finance Warren founded a couple of startups with his co-founder Alex including Vidme, a video platform for independent creators that raised $9 million and sold to Giphy in 2018.
He’s now working on Knowable, an audio-first learning platform that brings together world-class experts and storytellers to create audio courses that stimulate and inspire curious minds. In this episode we discuss:
- How to launch a startup including finding a co-founder and building a product
- The audio revolution and why audio first learning has so much potential
- The importance of expertise and how to select for it on the internet
We also talk about how Warren manages his own learning and how he tries to instil a learning culture at Knowable. So whether you’re looking to supercharge your learning or find experts you can trust, this has you covered.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access