ML133: Julian Treasure on Lessons from 5 TED Talks, The Audio Revolution and How to Speak so that People Want to Listen
Julian Treasure is sound and communication expert, acclaimed TED Speaker and the founder of The Sound Agency.
Julian’s five TED talks have been watched more than 80 million times and his latest is in the top 10 of all time. He is author of the books How to be Heard and Sound Business and recently released an online course, under the same name as his most popular talk - How To Speak so That People Want to Listen.
He’s also the founder of The Sound Agency a company that works with some of the world’s biggest brands to improve their sound.
I had Julian on the podcast almost 3 and a half years ago and the main focus there was on using sound to improve your life and effective listening techniques – go and check out episode 29 if you’re interested in that.
In this episode we discuss:
- How a recent health scare has altered Julian’s perspective on life and work
- Julian’s tips for effective public speaking, based on his five TED talks
- The future of audio and what the current revolution means for you
We also talk about Julian’s approach to creating his online course and how he learns from the experts he interviews. Julian is a true master of his craft so if you’re looking to improve as a communicator and speak so people listen, you’ll get a lot out of this episode.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access