ML131: John Collins on Becoming a Polymath, The Future of Synthetic Biology and Getting into Creative Flow
Dr John Collins is an innovation consultant, technologist and entrepreneur.
He works as the commercial director for SynbiCITE the UK’s National Centre for commercialising synthetic biology which is creating companies that do useful things and make useful stuff to heal us, feed us and fuel us.
But that’s far from all John does – he’s a genuine polymath who also runs his own innovation agency specialising in disruptive technologies, The Innovation Foundry, is a fellow at Cambridge Judge Business school and is co-founder of a startup called NeuroCreate which uses AI to enhance human cognition and augment work processes. In this episode we discuss:
- How to become a polymath and productively spread time across different projects
- The future of synthetic biology and the innovations emerging from the field
- John’s approach to tapping in to creativity both individually and in groups
We also get into John’s take on the misconceptions most people have around technological progress and why an excess linear thinking is causing so many problems in our world.
This conversation will be a mind-shifter for you – John is an outstanding multidisciplinary thinker and will inspire you to reconnect with your natural curiosity.
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access