ML100: What I Learned in 2017: The 3 Qualities of Exceptional Learners, Choosing Great Teachers and Setting Up Accountability Systems
Today’s episode is a special one for several reasons.
First, it’s episode 100 of the podcast! This is a big milestone so thank you for supporting the show and I’m looking forward to taking things forward in the weeks and months to come.
Second, it’s the first day of 2018 – so Happy New Year and all the best to you and yours for the year ahead.
And third, this episode is my review of 2017, so in it I’ll discuss 5 key lessons I’ve learned in the year gone by.
I’ll take story from my own experience that demonstrates each lesson and then try and draw some generalisable advice that you can apply to your learning and life.
In this episode I discuss:
- The 3 qualities of all exceptional learners I’ve discovered from my interviews
- How to identify great teachers and filter through the average ones
- The importance of accountability and how to set up systems that create it
So whether you’re looking to pick up a new skill in 2018, want to find a great teacher or are just curious about what I’ve learned in the year gone by, this episode has you covered.
🎙 ML38: What I Learned in 2016
🎙 ML94: Seth Godin on Educating the Leaders of the Future, Secrets of Closing the Sale and How To Do Creative Work That Matters
📖 The Power of Mindful Learning - Ellen Langer
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and you'll get:
- 5x Video Lessons on the 5 key MetaLearning Principles
- 5x One-Page Cheatsheets to help you apply each principle
- The Learning Toolkit featuring my top 10 learning Apps
Enter Your Details Below for Instant Access