Kalid Azad is the founder of Better Explained, one of the world’s most popular maths websites that makes hard concepts easy to understand using an intuition-first approach.
Better Explained now reaches 400k monthly visitors, is assigned as reading in many university courses, and has been referenced the blogs of The New York Times, The Atlantic, Scientific American, and the National Academy of Sciences. Kalid has also written two bestselling books that apply his methods to different mathematical concepts.
After studying Computer Science at Princeton, Kalid spent a few years at Microsoft as a program manager, founded a Y Combinator startup, and currently does software development for MindTouch.
In this conversation we discuss a range of topics including:
- How to get better at maths and why some people find it so hard
- The secrets behind great explanations of tricky concepts
- How Kalid has learned a bunch of skills from coding to snowboarding and weight training
- 🎙How To Learn a New Skill
- 🎙How To Think Like an Entrepreneur with Rob Fitzpatrick
- 🎙How To Learn Anything You Want with Scott Young
- 📄Why You’re Learning the Wrong Way and What To Do About It
- 📄The Power of Elaboration: Get Creative to Boost your Learning
- 📄Why Mindset Matters and What To Do About It